Javascript DHTML Drop Down Menu Powered by dhtml-menu-builder.com

Layan Sithi Vinayagar Temple

Prayer Timing

6:30 AM - Abhishegam

7:30 AM - Kalasanthi Aarathi

11:45 AM - Uchi Kaalam Aarthi

12:00 Noon Closing

4:00 PM - Abhishegam

5:30 PM - Sayalatchai Aarathi

8:30 PM - Closing

Deities in temple

Lord Ganesha

Moolavar

Holy Vel

Shree Rama

Nagar (Snake)

Urchavar

Temple's official website

Shri Layan Sithi Vinayagar Temple

Location

Sri Layan Sithi Vinayagar Temple 73, Keong Saik Road, Singapore 089167

Phone: 6221 4853 Fax: 6221 1728

Email: lsvtemple@singnet.com.sg

View Picture Gallery

Shri Layansithi Vinayagar Temple

Facilities

Multi Purpose Hall

Priest for various prayers

Please Contact to temple for more information regarding their services and booking for their services

Information

Sri Layan Sithi Vinayagar Temple is located in the center of China town at the junction of Keong Saik Road and Kreta Ayer Road. This Temple that was built in 1925, has a very long History.

1920, the Government acquired the temple land as part of the hospital extension plan and gave a sum of money to the Nagarathars. The Nagarathars then bought the current land and built the temple grandly by spending a huge amount of money.

During construction of the new temple, the Nagarathars found the Vinayagar Idol at the old temple near the hospital in a dilapidated condition. So, they decided to bring a new Black Stone Vinayagar Idol from India. Hence the Nagarathas decided to install the new Black Stone Vinayagar Idol as the mail deity and at the same time the old idol was also installed in front of the main deity at the sanctum.

In addition, Nagarathars also installed Holy Vel (Holy spear) symbolizing Lord Murugan. This new temple was called "layan Sithi Vinayagar Temple' as it was located at the 'Sepoy Line'(Armyuarters).

After the new temple was built, the Nagarathars started the practice of Silver Chariot Procession to Layan Sithi Vinayagar Temple on the day before ThaiPusam. The Procession started at Tank Road and went through Market Street, a business spot of the Chettiars and reached the Layan Sithi Vinayagar Temple finally.

Mr. Pichappa Chettiar was well known in the society at that time and served as the trustee of Tank Road Sri Thendayuthapani Temple for some time. He donated his Vinayagar idol to the temple. This idol was also installed as the third Vinayagar idol at the temple's sanctum.

The Nagarthars conducted the last three consecration ceremony for the temple in 1973, 1989 and 2007. A beautiful 5 storey Rajgopuram has been added and side walls have been removed to have open concept inner-program. A multipurpose hall has been constructed besides the temple. Although the temple is located at the busy and bustling China Town, the inner- program(the path encircling the main sanctum) is very calm and is suitable for meditation.

Vinayagar chaturthy is one of the major festival celebrated grandly at the temple. It is the Holy Vel that is in this temple been taken in procession to Tank Road Sri Thendayuthapani Temple for the ThaiPusam festival. The milk offered fir Lod Murugan on ThaiPusam day is poured on to this Holy Vel. Special prayers and offerings on Tamil New Year, Deepavali, Thiru Karthigai, Pongol are performed first at this temple before being performed at Sri Thendayuthapani temple.

On Fridays and Sundays, one can see lots of worshippers making 108 Programmes to fulfill their owes. as mentioned above, the temple now has three Vinayagar idols and its worshippers are well blessed with peace and wealth.