Javascript DHTML Drop Down Menu Powered by

Shri Thendayuthapani(Chettiar) Temple

Prayer Timing

5:30 AM - Sanganatham

8:00 AM - Abhishegam

8:10 AM - Prayers - Kalasanthi Aarathi

12:00 noon - Closing

4:30 PM - Abhishegam

5:30 PM - Sayalatchai Aarathi

8:30 PM - Arthasamam Aarathi

Deities in temple

Lord Thendayuthapani

Lord Ganesha

Lord Shiva


Lord Brahma

Sri Bhairava

Sri Dakshinamoorthy


Sri Annamalaiyar


Sri Idumbar

Temple's official website

Shri Thendayuthapani temple


15, Tank Road, Singapore 238065.

Phone: 6737 9393 Fax: 6735 0804


View Picture Gallery


Sri Thendayuthapani Temple also known as Chettiars' Temple is one of the oldest temple in Singapore and was built in the year 1859 A.D. by Nattukkottai Chettiars. Chettiars' Temple Society , the management body of Sri Thendayuthapani Temple also maintains another temple called Sri Layan Sithi Vinayagar Temple located in the center of China Town at 73, Keong Saik Road.

Sri Thendayuthapani temple listed in Singapore Tourism Board, as a tourist attraction, has a picturesque location and magnificent vicinity. It sprawls over a spacious area and is airy and bright.

The main deity of this temple is Lord Thendayuthapani also called Murugan. Lord Thendayuthapani has other names such as Balasubramaniam, Shanmukhan, Swaminathan, Vallimanalan, Palaniandavar, Arumugan, Saravanan, Sevar Kodiyon, etc.

At the entrance of the main sanctum, Lord Jambu Vinayagar has been erected on the right and Idumban on the left. In 1878, two separate sanctums were built for Lord Sundareswarar and Meenakshi Amman (incarnation of Lord Sivan and Goddess Sakthi). Later, all other important deities including the Navagrahas were erected.

The Temple has a beautifully decorated "Alangara Mandapam" which is used on auspicious days to place the procession deity.

Poojas are performed by Pandarams for deities in Sri Thendayuthapani Sanctum and by Sivacharyas (Brahmins) for deities in other sanctums.

As a landmark of all the Hindu Temples in Singapore, 75 feet tall RAJAGOPURAM was completed in 1983. The consecration ceremony was conducted on 24-11-1983. Subsequently the whole temple was renovated and repainted again in 1996, followed by Maha Kumbhabishegam (Consecration Ceremony) held on 29-11-1996.

In 1983, modern amenities were added to the temple facilities along with the consecration ceremony, including a Wedding and dining hall.

Now, the temple has a separate staff quarters, a library, an office room and a spacious and well-decorated stage for cultural performances during special occasions.

Every year six important festivals are celebrated with great pomp and grandeur, which are: ThaiPusam, Letcha Archanai for Meenakshi Amman & Durgai Amman, Navratri, Skanda Sashti and Thiru Karthigai. Click here for more details on festivals and occasions.

Credit goes to Shri thedayuthapani temple for above given information